The virus of dengue fever belongs to the family flaviviridae. It is the RNA virus. Other member of the Flaviridae virus is the virus of yellow fever, virus of West Nile, virus of encephalitis of St. Louis, virus of Japanese encephalitis, virus of encephalitis of...
The children who are below the age of 10 years get affected on the functioning of circulatory system during the dengue fever. The mortality rate lies in between the 6 to 30% and it is found that most of the death occurred in the patients of dengue...
It is found that at present there is no specific vaccine is found which can kill the virus of dengue fever not even a single anti virus tablets.
Dengue fever is treated by a medicine which is known as Paracetamol, an anti pyretics...
Symptoms of Dengue
There are various symptoms which characterize the dengue fever. They are as follows:
- Sudden onset of the fever
- Body temperature lie between 39.5-41.4°C
- Fever is remaining for 1-7 days but start faded after 2-3 days
Fever start with the secondary stage of skin rashes which is not common as normal rashes.
The symptom of dengue fever is that it usually is accompanied by severe headache mostly in the back portion of the eyes and at the front portion of the head.
Muscular (Myalgia) or Bone Pain
- After the sudden onset of the dengue fever
- Pain in the joints of the body especially in knees and elbow
- Severe attack of pain after the onset of fever
- Pain remains for many weeks in spite of fever getting subsidies
- In the case of DSS and DHF the pain is missing
Other symptoms of dengue fever are as follows
- Vomiting and also there is chances of Nausea
- Appetite loses
- Sudden change in taste of victim
- There is an increment in the touch as it become sensitive
These symptoms are more in adults than children. These symptoms are milder in the case of the children who are prone to dengue fever.
Rash-Red and White Patchy Rashes
The illness for the dengue fever is somewhat similar to the disease of Rubella, Influenza or Measles.
Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever / Dengue Shock Syndrome
Initial stage of the fever shows the signs and symbols for dengue fever but the fever start decreasing after the time period of 2-7 days and left the certain symptoms and signs which are as follows
Feeling of Restlessness
Symptoms of circulatory failure
Bleeding or manifestations of hemorrhagic including the various points which are as follows:
- The skin start bleeding which appears like red patches which looks blotchy known as Petechiae
- Bleeding gets stared from nose and even from Epitasis
- Gums start bleeding too
- Blood platelets start decreasing in numbers
The blood concentration starts increasing after the leaking of plasma from the vascular compartment in the human body and even causes shock which is manifestation in nature.
These are the early symptoms, if they are not cured properly, it may cause DSS fever. It is the fever if not properly treated causes manifestation of shock and even in some cases lead to death.
The signs which act as the warning for Dengue Shock Syndrome are as follows:
- Abdominal pain which is severe
- Body temperature start changing
- Irritation in the nature of the person